Friday, July 23, 2010

Queen

I decided to post this old doodle I did a few months ago to make up for my lack of not posting more stuff than I think I should be. And with the new found advice that I recently got from one of my favorite artists, Phil McAndrew (http://www.philintheblanks.com), I'm going to stop focusing so much on creating a certain style and getting a good & successful comic going, I'm going to practice on honing my overall drawing skills and practice more on drawing comics so I can get better at making them. His advice made me realize that I'm getting way too ahead of myself in trying to become a successful artist and I need to slow down a little (Which means I'm going to be drawing waaay more drawings though)

In other news, I'm thinking about doing something new with this blog. I already know very few people read it, which isn't really a big deal to me, but I feel like it's getting a little old & stale. I'm probably going to do one of three ideas with it:
  1. I keep posting random little drawings and pictures on this blog and create another blog on blogger that's more for more personal drawings & thoughts (or vice versa)
  2. I keep posting little drawings and pictures (both random & personal) on this blog and I wipe the dust off of my old livejournal account and start up a dinky little journal comic just so I can practice making comics & gives people a better representation of my life instead of the little one panel drawings I do on this blog right now.
  3. I just quit posting on this blog altogether and start fresh on a new blog (or on livejournal) and get a journal comic thing going.
The second choice sounds the best to me which I'll probably end up doing on a weekly basis (if I ever figure out how to manage time efficiently Anyways sorry for the long post, it's done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment